How Insurance Works
Insurance: Baby Steps Therapy accepts several insurance companies. For information regarding your specific insurance please contact Baby Steps Therapy directly. In order to bill insurance, we will need a prescription or referral from a medical doctor (i.e. pediatrician, neurologist, or psychologist).
- Many insurance companies cover speech, physical and occupational therapy. Often the coverage has limitations. Here are some of the common limitations for speech, physical and occupational therapy:
- The number of sessions is limited to a given number per year.
- Therapy coverage only for a congenital condition or injury.
- Educational related difficulties and developmental delays are not covered.
- Speech is covered only to three years of age.
- Some insurance carriers require pre-authorization. The pre-authorization may require a yearly renewal or after a given number of visits.
- Each claim submitted to an insurance company results in an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) that documents the services you received, the charge for each service and the amount you personally owe. Be sure to open and read these to fully understand your insurance benefits.
- You and your service provider will receive identical EOB’s approximately one month after the visit. If there are payment-related issues, it may take some time before these come to light. Please contact the billing administrator immediately If you notice a problem.
- Know the amount of your annual deductible and how much of the deductible you have paid. Also know your out-of-pocket maximum.
- When talking to your insurance carrier be sure to:
- Get the name of the representative you talk to and ask them to repeat anything that is unclear to you.
- Make note of the time and date of the conversation.
- Get clarity from the representative as the limitation and exclusions of service.
Private Pay: If your insurance does not cover therapy, or should you choose to forgo utilizing your insurance, Baby Steps Therapy offers private pay as an option to receive therapy. Those paying out of pocket can contact Baby Steps Therapy directly for private pay rates.